1. United States listings are ordered alphabetically within states by city and Zip code; international listings within countries first by state, province or prefecture (if any), and then city. City line highlighted in blue to aid in visual scanning. Note: certain countries place postal codes before the city name, others between city and country.
"???" indicates a mailing was attempted to the address but was returned. Such listings may be deleted in the future unless updated information is received.
Boldface type denotes fine upstanding Loch Ness Productions customer.
2. Up to 3 telephone numbers and descriptions included. Listings conform to the CCITT Recommendation E.123 for international dialing: +XXX YYY ZZZ ZZZZ (X = country code, Y = city code if any, Z = local number). Bold numbers are dialable with telephony-capable apps that use
4. Free-form paragraph. Often lists automation or auxiliary projection equipment, programming, etc. Content determined by listed institution.
5. Loch Ness Productions shows licensed to this theater, with links to our show's Web pages.
6. Staff names and positions, e-mail addresses, and an individual free-form line for direct phone extensions, personal Web pages, etc. E-mail links will open your default e-mail program, with a blank message addressed to the recipient.
7. Year of facility opening; and a total of the attendance figures, if more than one listed theater reported them.
SCHOOL/DIST: associated with a primary or secondary school, or school district.
UNIV/COLLEGE: associated with a university, college, academy or other institution of higher learning.
MUSEUM/SCI.CTR: associated with or existing as a public museum or science center.
OBSERV/ASTRO: associated with an observatory, or astronomy society or club.
GOVT/MUNICIPAL: associated with a governmental or municipal institution.
PRIVATE/COMML: associated with a private or commercial enterprise.
ATTR/PARK: associated with a tourist attraction or theme park.
PUBLIC SHOWS indicates public shows are presented regularly (at least once a week).
GIFT SHOP indicates facility has a giftshop or retail counter.
Selecting a icon will open that application (if you have it installed) and take you to a Placemark at the theater's location.
9. Dome line(s): Diameter in meters (feet = meters x .3048); degree of tilt if any, maker, model, and year installed.
= Level = Tilted = Portable.
10. Audience capacity, seating layout, and annual attendance (year report was submitted in parentheses, if known).
Unidirectional: straight rows, facing one direction.
Epicentric: curved rows, facing one direction.
Concentric: curved rows, facing center.
Others include: chevron, movable, variable, etc.
11. Projector maker, model, and year of installation.
Peach background indicates opto-mechanical star projector.
White background highlights fulldome system.
3D indicates fulldome stereo 3D projection capability.
When known, the Projector Maker name is a link to the company's Web site.
Additional lines may include descriptions of video projector configurations and software utilized.
• People often ask us, "Where can I see Loch Ness Productions fulldome shows?" We seldom know when any specific show is playing at a given theater. But we can note that a theater has licensed our shows. For our fine, upstanding customers (the ones in boldface type!) — it's our way of providing a measure of recognition and helping boost their attendance figures!
• Theater professionals are always looking to contact others in the field. By providing contact information in hypertext form, we can facilitate better communication among our colleagues.
• Those outside our field are often unfamiliar with the many aspects of the dome trade. A planetarium theater is often just "the place they visited on a field trip as a kid." So, in perusing the wealth of data, casual Web surfers may discover a nearby theater that might be of interest. Again, it's our way of providing some public awareness of the dome theater.
If you operate a fulldome theater, we invite you to submit a Compendium Update Form to add your theater's particulars to the online listings. The more data points we can provide, the more useful the listings will be.